The Sony Xperia S is known to be a little slow at times, so keeping your phone “clean” is imperative to its speed and performance. One of my favorite ways to do this is to perform a hard reset. This takes your device back to its original factory settings and can even remedy certain issues you’ve been experiencing that haven’t been fixed by other troubleshooting options. You should also know how to hard reset your phone in the event that you wish to sell it – you certainly don’t want others seeing your personal information. Following the steps listed on method #1 in an exact manner will allow you to reset the phone without having to enter a password.
Please remember to back up all of your files before beginning this process, as this will delete them.
- Visit your “Settings”.
- Choose “Privacy”.
- Select “Factory Data Reset”.
- Select “Reset Phone”.
- Confirm this choice by tapping “Erase Everything”.
- Please install the latest version of the Sony PC Companion on your computer.
- Do not connect your phone to your computer until you reach that step in THIS tutorial.
- Once you reach the welcome screen, select “support zone” and then “start”.
- Select “software update” and then “start”.
- The program will alert you that there is no phone detected and give you the option to “Repair Phone”, choose it.
- Select “continue”.
- Choose Sony Xperia S from the list and click “Next”.
- Connect your USB cable to your computer (not the phone, yet!).
- Press and hold the back key on your phone and THEN connect the USB cable to your phone.
- ONLY release your hold of the back key when the Sony PC Companion alerts you that the update has started.