How to hard reset the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is a great option for those who want a more affordable alternative to the full sized S4. Though the Galaxy series are a group of reliable phones, you may still run into a time when knowing how to hard reset your device can come in handy. Perhaps you’d just like to set your phone back to all of its original settings as it was out-of-the box, maybe you want to remove all of your personal files so that you can sell it, or maybe other troubleshooting options have failed to remedy any issues you’re currently experiencing. The most popular problem I see however, is usually the most simple – a forgotten password. A hard reset is the perfect (if not only) solution to bypass password protection.
Please remember that this process will erase all of your personal data which you have stored on the phone including things such as messages, files, and contacts. If you do not want to lose these files, please make sure you back up your device files first.
I’m going to list two hard reset methods. The first one can be done by using the menus on your device. The second one is useful in the case of a forgotten password, as it does not require menu access.
- Visit “Settings” on your Galaxy S4 mini.
- Go to “Back Up and Reset”.
- Choose “Factory Data Reset”.
- Select “Reset Device” and then “Erase Everything”.
The reset process will now begin, be sure to not touch your device until it is completed.
- Turn your Galaxy S4 mini OFF.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons on your device until the logo appears, then release.
- Once Android system recovery loads, use the volume buttons to navigate to ”Wipe data/Factory reset” and the power button to select it.
- Confirm your choice by selecting “Yes”.
- Select “Reboot System Now”.
Make sure you do not touch any buttons until the process is complete.