How to hard reset the Nokia Lumia 822
The Nokia Lumia 822 is a great choice for Verizon Wireless customers. With it’s solid performance and useful apps exclusive to Lumia 822 users, it’s a popular purchase choice for 2013.
If you encounter errors which you cannot seem to fix, would like to wipe your data in case of an ownership transfer, or would simply like to restore your device back to the way it was when you purchased it – knowing how to properly reset your device will come in handy. This process will also save your behind in the case of a forgotten password. For password issues, see method #2. Please note that performing this type of reset will remove all personal data, settings, and files from your device. Consider backing up your files before you begin if you do not wish to lose them.
- On your start screen, tap the right arrow
- Choose “Settings”
- Choose “About”
- Choose “Reset your phone”
- Tap “Yes”
- Tap “Yes” again if you’re sure you’re ready to reset your device
- The reset will now begin, please do not touch any buttons until it has completed.
- Turn your Nokia Lumia 822 OFF
- Press the power button on the right side of your device
- Press and hold the volume down button until an exclamation mark appears on the screen, then release
- Press these keys one after another: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down
- The reset process will now begin, please do not touch any buttons until it has completed.