How to hard reset the Nokia Lumia 720
The Nokia Lumia 720 is one of the most popular phones of 2013. Users of this Windows Phone device should be aware of the troubleshooting methods that can be used if you encounter recurring issues. For unresolved errors and freezing, method #1 is best for returning your phone back to its original factory-fresh state. These steps will also come in handy if you wish to remove all personal data from your device for any reason. It’s amazing how common it can be for smart phone users to forget their password. In the event that something like this happens, you’ll need to know how to use method #2 to remove the password protection. Please be aware that these methods will remove all custom settings and personal files from your device. If you do not wish to lose anything, please back up your information before continuing.
- With your device turned on, visit Menu
- Select Settings
- Select About
- Choose “Reset your phone”
- The device will now begin the reset process.
- With your charger disconnected from the phone, make sure your device is turned off.
- Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger to your Lumia 720.
- An exclamation point will appear on the screen.
- You will now need to press this series of keys in order to start the reset process:
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Volume Down
- Please do not press any more keys until the process is complete. This can take several minutes.