How to reset the Kindle Fire HD
The Kindle Fire HD is one of the most popular tablets on the market right now. With its user-friendly Android platform and affordable price, some of the most popular tech. blogs and websites (www.t3.com and www.toptenreviews.com) list the Kindle Fire HD as one of the top 10 tablets to buy of 2013. However, problems with this device may still arise from time to time so it’s important to know the steps you’ll need to take in order to factory reset your device if necessary. This process is also useful for removing personal information from your device in the event that you’d like to sell it or pass it on to someone else.
Please understand that this process will restore your device back to its original factory settings and therefore remove all personal information and applications stored on your Kindle. Make sure that your files are backed up before beginning – Amazon’s Cloud Drive is helpful for this.
To begin the reset process:
1. Drag down the notifications bar at the top of your screen.
2. Select “More” and then “Device”.
3. Choose “Factory Data Reset”.
4. Pick “Yes” when prompted, if you’re sure you wish to continue.
5. The restoration process will begin – do not touch your device until the process is complete.