How to hard reset the iPhone 5
The iPhone 5 was a highly anticipated phone in 2012, popular for how light it was compared to its predecessors while still managing to make the display larger. As with any device, you’ll need to know how to troubleshoot it in the event that you run into technical issues. The reset procedures I’ve listed below can help save a troubled device. You can use a reset to remove all of your personal information from your iPhone if you decide to sell it. The second method listed will also save you if you’ve forgotten your passcode and can no longer access anything. Please be aware that these steps will remove ALL personal information and files from your iPhone 5. It’s important to remember to back up your information elsewhere before you begin this process – if possible.
- From your home screen, select Settings.
- Next, choose General.
- Choose Reset.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Choose Erase iPhone, if you’re SURE you want to continue.
- The reset process will now begin. Please do not touch any buttons until it has completed.
- First, please make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone 4S to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open up iTunes and select your iOS device from the list.
- Click the “Summary” tab.
- Click “Restore iPhone”.
- Now if you’re sure you wish to continue, click “Restore“.
- The reset process will now begin, please do not touch any buttons until it has finished. The device will restart upon completion.