How to hard reset the BlackBerry Q10
The BlackBerry Q10 is popular among those who seek familiarity within the BlackBerry brand but wish to move on to something less basic than the Curve. Like with any device, you should know how to troubleshoot it when you encounter errors. Learning how to reset the Q10 is also important in the event that you’d like to sell it or even send it away for repairs -this will keep your private information safe from prying eyes.
To wipe all data:
- From the home screen, drag the status bar down.
- Select “Settings“
- Choose the “Security and Privacy” icon
- Choose “Security Wipe“
- When prompted, type “blackberry” and then tap “Delete Data“
To simply restart the device:
- Remove the back cover of your BlackBerry device
- Remove the battery for 30 seconds, and then reinsert it
- Your device will reboot and be ready to use again